The Monte Vista Police Department has 14 full-time police officers, including the Chief of Police, one code enforcement position and two professional staff member positions. These officers patrol the City of Monte Vista 24-hours a day, 365 days a year.
The City of Monte Vista is located in the heart of the San Luis Valley in Southwestern Colorado. Monte Vista's population is 4,700 and is comprised of 1.9 square miles.
The Monte Vista Police Department will provide professional and ethical service in protection of our citizens while preventing crime and reducing the fear of crime through problem solving partnerships.
Through our steadfast commitment to policing excellence, the Monte Vista Police Department will be a professional, dynamic and innovative organization known for recruiting, hiring, training and developing an exceptional workforce that reflects the values and diversity of the community we serve.
- Integrity - adhering to strict, unequivocal standards of conduct in keeping with our ethical obligations.
- Courage - displaying the strength of character to confront fear, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.
- Accountability - accepting individual and collective responsibility for our oath, duty, and actions.
- Innovation - adapting to changes in society through strategic integration of technology and equipment.
- Respect - valuing human life and dignity with an equal commitment to justice and acceptance of diversity.